Friday 19 August 2016

Georgia O'Keeffe @ Tate Modern, London


A decent exhibition featuring some of, but not all, of her most well known works.Along with the stylised plants/sexual body parts the heavily abstracted works were great, but there was a lot of minor works that did not hold my attention at all.
What I did learn was she friends with my favourite photographer, Ansel Adams and a couple of his prints were on display. One of my favourites being Moonrise over Hernandez, New Mexico was on display, but this one took my eye, quite small no more than 100mm wide, it is of O'Keeffe and Orville Cox. Shot from low down, the definition of the clouds in the background and the creases in their faces are a highlight of the composition.
However an enlightening visit with the addition of visiting Herzog and Murren's extension which I nearly worked on but didnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment