Sunday 4 February 2018

Courtney Marie Andrews @ St Barnabas Church, Oxford.


Just over a year ago I made a note on my phone, Courtney Marie Andrews, Honest Life. Thats all the memo said and so when just before Christmas a friend asked whether I was going to see her in Oxford. Well I wasn't but within an hour of that conversation I was. (also booked to see Nick Cave in Sweden in June at the same time...must have been feeling rather heady.
Looking back at that memo before the gig I tried to remember why I made that note and I genuinely could not recall. However I now know why.
First gig of the new year, and my first ever visit, despite living in Oxford for numerous years, to St Barnabas Church. Well that was one wow factor as we walked in and managed to find some seats just one row back from the front.
Then she came on, I thought she was sixteen singing about the experiences of a woman many years her senior. Great voice, great songs, two standing ovations and now Honest Life purchased.
Need I say more?
Must see her with the full band.

No comments:

Post a Comment