Sunday 27 September 2009

Stanley Kubrick


Stanley Kubrick lived in England during most of the last 40 years of his career. Kubrick was noted for the scrupulous care with which he chose his subjects, his slow method of working, the variety of genres he worked in. He worked far beyond the confines of the Hollywood system, maintaining almost complete artistic control and making movies according to the whims and time constraints of no one but himself.
Notable Films:
The Shinning
2001 A Space Odessy
Clockwork Orange
Barry Lyndon
Full Metal Jacket
Dr Strangelove
Lollita

1 comment:

  1. One of the great Stanleys. I think I must be the only person to really love his last film, 'Eyes Wide Shut'. Of the rest: Lyndon is possibly the one that surprised me the most, along with 'Paths of Glory'. Oh, hell, I love just about everything he did... I could wax lyrical about him for hours. Nobody framed a scene like Kubrick.

    ReplyDelete